Tacos tend to be a crowd pleaser. I mean I don’t think I have ever met someone that didn’t like a good old taco. However, it is always fun to change up your normal ground beef taco.
I was recently extended to challenge from Old El Paso to develop a recipe that takes their products from beyond the usual ground beef taco. I came up with the idea of making Buffalo Chicken Tacos. All the traditional flavor of buffalo wings but in the form of a taco.
I loved the finished product – tender chicken coated in wing sauce. It has just the right amount, not to spicy. However, you can always add more wing sauce to your taco if you like more spice. Then it gets placed in a crisp taco shell. I love the crunch. I also used the Old El Paso Stand and Stuff Taco Shells. These are my favorite to use. They are easy to fill and can hold a good amount of filling.
Last, if you are having buffalo chicken tacos you have to have ranch or blue cheese with it, right? These tacos get topped with both. This definitely takes you beyond the regular tacos.
Buffalo Chicken Tacos
Real Mom Kitchen
- 3 chicken breasts
- ½ cup bottled wing sauce
- 1 pkg. Old El Paso Stand and Stuff Taco Shells
- 2-3 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- ⅔ cup crumbled blue cheese
- Place chicken breasts in a slow cooker along with 1/2 cup water. Cook on low for 6-7 hours until fully cooked.
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker and shred.
- Place shredded chicken in a bowl and toss with 1/2 cup of wing sauce.
- To serve tacos, place lettuce in the bottom of each taco shell followed by the chicken. Top with a drizzle of ranch dressing and sprinkle each with 1 Tbsp of the crumbled blue cheese. Makes 10 tacos.
Real Mom Kitchen Original Recipe.
Disclosure: this is a sponsored post but as always my opinions are 100% my own.