Mexican is always a hit! Today, I have a recipe for simple baked beef flautas with queso dip. You only need five ingredients for the flautas and 2 ingredients for the queso.
These beef flautas basically have a filling of taco meat. You use ground beef, onion, taco seasoning, and water to make the filling. Then, it gets incased in a fajita sized flour tortillas.
At this point, the filled flour tortillas spend some time in the oven rather than the traditional dip in oil to deep fry. You won’t even mind that they are baked.
Last, you need the queso to dip it in. All you need is some Velveeta cheese and a can of Ro*tel. It’s quick and so delicious. My husband loves it!
If you want to up the flavor on the queso, I like to mix in some fresh pico de gallo. However, you don’t need it. The pico just make the queso even better. Try it if you have some with these baked beef flautas with queso.Print
- For the flautas:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 diced onion
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 10 fajita sized flour totillas
- olive oil
- For the queso:
- 1 10 oz can Ro*tel , undrained
- 1 (16 oz) pkg Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a skillet, brown the ground beef along with the onion until beef is fully cooked. Drain off any excess grease.
- Add in the taco seasoning and water. Bring to a simmer and allow to simmer for about 6-8 minutes until the liquid has evaporated.
- Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Spoon about 3 Tbsp of the beef mixture onto a tortilla. Roll each tortilla up tightly and place seam-side down on baking sheet. Continue assembling flautas one at a time until all the tortillas are filled. Brush eash of the flutas lightly with olive oil.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes. Flip the flautas over and bake for five additional minutes. They flautas should be a nice golden brown. While flautas are baking, prepare the queso dip.
- In a sauce pan, add the queso ingredients. Heat over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until the cheese is melted. Serve the flautas with the queso for dipping. Serves 5.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Mexican
Recipe is adapgted from Mom On Time Out.