This is definitely a kid pleaser, the flavors of a bacon cheeseburger in a pasta dish. I got this recipe for Bacon Cheeseburger Pasta years ago from a Quick Cooking magazine (now called Simple and Delicious). The ingredients are simple and it is fairly quick to make.
One thing I do with this recipe is I cook my bacon in the microwave. I line a microwave safe plate with those really cheap paper plates. Then place approximately 6 half slice of bacon on the paper plate and cover with a paper towel. Next, I microwave it for 2 1/2 minutes on 70 % power. Then 1 minute on full power.
Depending on how the bacon looks, I then cook it for another 30 seconds to 1 minute. Then it’s done. I take the bacon after it cooled for a minute to another plate lined with a paper towel to absorb more grease. I also like to cook it in the oven.
You cook the pasta for this dish according to package directions. Meanwhile you brown some ground beef in a skillet. Once both the beef and pasta are cooked, you combine them together and add in the cooked bacon, tomato soup, and barbecue sauce. Then sprinkle cheese over the top and simmer until melted.
- 8 oz uncooked tube or spiral pasta
- 1 lb ground beef
- 6 strips of cooked bacon, diced
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- 1 cup (4 ounces) cheddar cheese, shredded
- Barbecue sauce, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- Drain pasta; add to skillet. Add bacon, soup, and beef; heat through. Mix in desired amount of barbecue sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cover and cook until the cheese is melted. 4-6 servings