Recently, I was invited to take the Sam’s Club Back-to-School No Bake Challenge. They asked me to create a no bake meal for my family during the busy back-to-school. I was given a $25 Sam’s Club gift card to pick up the ingredients.
I figured a great way to begin my no bake meal was with one of Sam’s Clubs rotisserie chickens. It can be a tasty foundation for so many recipes. I love to use them to simplify meal preparation. From there, I decided to use the chicken to make one of my favorite salads. This is also one that my family will eat. Usually they turn up their noses at salad for dinner, but not when it comes to this bbq chicken salad. I have included the recipe below using the Sam’s Club items.
So, here is what I got from Sam’s Club for my no bake dinner!
- 1 rotissere chicken $ 5.99 (I only need half the chicken and can use the other half for another meal or lunches)
- 1 pkg. of French Baguette $2.98 – to serve on the side (plus it come with 2 so I have another one for another meal)
- 2 pk Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce $5.98
- 1 pkg (6 count) hearts of romaine $2.80
- 2 lbs. Cherrub salad tomatoes $5.49
My total was $23.24 before tax.
I keep a well stocked pantry so the remaining items needed for the salad, I had on hand. However, many of those other items are available at Sam’s Club.
With the remaining baguette and half rotisserie chicken, you could whip up some quick chicken salad for lunch the next day!
Another idea I had for a no bake meal is to shredded the rotisserie chicken. Add some bbq sauce to it and just warm it on the stove or in the microwave (were not cooking, just warming so it still counts as no bake). Then serve them on your favorite buns or rolls from Sam’s Club.
Not only is Sam’s Club a great place to shop for your weekly meals, but I also love to get items there for school lunch and after school snacks. My favorites item their already washed and pre-cut apples. They are perfect for lunch and snacks!
I also have a Back-to-School No Bake Challenge giveaway for you from Sam’s. Leave a comment on this post about what your no bake meal would be. Then one lucky reader will be picked at random to receive a Fit and Fresh Design Lunch Bag with food storage from Sam’s Club. You have until Thursday Sept. 27 at midnight (MST) to enter.
BBQ Chicken Salad
Real Mom Kitchen
- 2 hearts of romaine cut or torn into
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn thawed
- ⅛ finely diced red onion
- ½ 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 salad tomatoes cut into halves or fourths
- sliced olives
- 1 chicken breast from a rotisserie chicken diced
- bbq sauce
- ranch dressing
- tortilla strips
- To assemble the salad, divide lettuce between four to five plates. Top each plate with even amounts of corn, red onion, black beans, tomato, olives, and chicken.
- Drizzle salads with bbq sauce and ranch dressing.
- Top with tortilla strips and serve.