I couldn’t do apple week without a fun way to enjoy them raw! Last year I shared some apple nachos. So this year I thought, if you can have apple nachos why not apple pizzas? This is the perfect snack for a fall day.
The apple is the base or crust of the apple pizzas with peanut butter serving as the sauce. I love apples with peanut butter. Now you can use chunky or creamy peanut butter – your preference. I used chunky. Then you get your toppings. This is where the fun comes in. Get some granola, dried fruit, chocolate chips, etc. My favorite combos were the granola with dried cranberries and the granola with mini marshmallows. YUMMY!Print
- 2 apples (I used Granny Smith)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (crunchy or creamy)
- desired toppings:
- mini marshmallows
- chocolate chips
- Core and slice apples into 1/4-inch thick rings. If you are worried about the apples going brown, you can dip both sides of the rings in lemon juice.
- Spread about 1/2 Tbsp of peanut butter on each apple ring. (The chunky peanut butter was a little harder to get it to spread and stay on the apple.)
- Top the apple slices with desired toppings and enjoy. You should have about 16 apple pizzas.