Monkey Bread is always a great addition to any breakfast and is especially good for Christmas. I usually always make some version for Christmas morning to serve with hot cocoa. I recently discovered that you can make it using apple butter and it makes it even better! With this apple butter monkey bread you end up with a nice gooey layer of cinnamony goodness on top!
Start by mixing some cinnamon and sugar together in a bowl. Roll those cut up biscuits in the sugar mixture and place in greased bundt pan. Be sure to place them evenly throughout the pan.
Next you combine some butter, brown sugar, sugar, and apple butter to a sauce pan. Bring to a boil and cook until sugar is dissolved. Pour this mixture evenly over biscuits in the bundt pan. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Then invert the bundt pan onto serving platter to serve. Serve warm.
Here are some of the other versions I have also made if this one doesn’t strike your fancy.
- Sticky Bun Breakfast Ring
- Chocolate version of Overnight Pull Aparts
- Coconut Pecan Version of Overnight Pull Aparts
- Orange and Cinnamon Versions of Overnight Pull Aparts
- REFRIGERATED BISCUITS
- BROWN SUGAR
- APPLE BUTTER
Apple Butter Monkey Bread
Real Mom Kitchen
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 3 7.5 oz tubes refrigerated biscuits, seperated and cut into fourths
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup apple butter
- Grease a bundt pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the cinnamon and 1/3 cup sugar. Roll cut biscuits in the mixture and place in prepared bundt pan being sure to evenly distribute them throughout the pan.
- In a sauce pan, combine the butter, brown sugar, 1/2 cup sugar, and apple butter. Bring to a boil and cook until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour mixture evenly over biscuits in the bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.and invert onto serving platter to serve. Serve warm. Serves 8.
This Apple Butter Monkey Bread recipe is adapted from Musselman’s.