Are you tired of your usual ground beef recipes? Sometimes it can be hard to find something new and tasty to make using that ground beef we have in our fridge. Well today I have a Szechuan Noodles and Beef recipe that will be a new and tasty way to change up your usual ways of using ground beef for dinner. Another bonus is it is ready in about 30 minutes!
Now this does have a bit of a kick to it. If your family doesn’t like spicy then use the lower amount of red pepper flakes or just leave them out all together. If you like spicy go for the higher amount and you may find you want even more red pepper flakes. I made it with 1/2 tsp originally and it was a little too spicy for half of my family, the other half was fine with it. Adjust accordingly for your family’s tastes.
This recipe does call for hoisin sauce. It can be found in the Asian section of any grocery store. If you enjoy Asian food this is an item you will use often. I have used it in this lo mein recipe if you would like another way to use it. It also uses sesame oil. Regular oil can be used but you won’t get that awesome flavor you can get with the sesame oil. It is another good item to have for Asian cooking so I highly recommend buying it.
Szechuan Noodles and Beef
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 stalk of celery diced
- 1 ½ tsp crushed fresh ginger
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4-1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- ¾ cup cold or room temperature beef broth
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- ⅓ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 8 oz vermicelli or angel hair pasta cooked according to pkg
- ½ cup diced green onion
- In a skillet, brown beef over medium heat until fully cooked. Drain off grease, remove from pan to a bowl and set aside.
- Add oil to skillet, and cook onion, celery, ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes together over medium heat until onion is tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk beef broth and corn stach together until smooth.
- Add hoisin sauce and soy sauce with the onion mixture. Then mix in the cornstarch mixture.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute. Add cooked beef that has been set aside to the skillet along with the cooked pasta. Toss to coat.
- Serve each serving sprinkled with green onion. Serves 4.
Recipe adapted from Food.com