This recipe for Sweet and Fluffy Malted Milk Waffles comes from My Sister’s Kitchen. I had some malted milk powder laying around the house from the chocolate malted cupcakes I made a while ago, so I decided to give these waffles a try.
According to The Sister’s Kitchen, a lot of popular pancake places use malted milk in their pancake batter. The first time I made these I doubled the recipe below and was able to get 9 waffles. They were so quick and easy to make.
The malted milk makes these waffles sweet and fluffy on the inside, but crisp on the outside. Top these with some fresh fruit, regular or buttermilk syrup, and a little sweetened whipped cream!
These do start with separating an egg and whipping the egg white to stiff peaks. Then in another bowl you whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and that malted milk powder. In another bowl you’ll whisk together the egg yolk with the milk and melted butter. Now you combine this with that dry mixture.
Once you have that all mixed together you fold in that whipped egg white. Once that is done, it’s time to add the batter to the waffle maker.
- BAKING POWDER
- MALTED MILK POWDER
Sweet and Fluffy Malted Milk Waffles
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 3 -4 Tbsp malted milk powder to taste
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup melted butter
- Separate egg. Beat white until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together butter, milk and egg yolk until well combined. Stir in dry ingredients. When batter is smooth, fold in egg white.
- Heat a waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions and cook waffles accordingly. Makes 3-4 waffles depending on the size of your waffle maker.
This is the original photo from this post. The above photo was updated in March 2018.