I have another themed week for you this week. It is gifts from the kitchen week! We are going to start off with a simple recipe for sugared pecans. I have seen other recipes using eggs white in the recipe, but they need to be whipped. This recipe does not require that you whip them.
Your house will smell amazing as these cook in the oven. They also taste amazing. They are great for snacking on or to place on top of a salad!Print
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 5 cups pecan halves
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet with sides 9 like a jelly roll pan) with aluminum foil.
- Pour the melted butter onto the lined sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg whites, sugar, cinnamon, and salt together.
- Mix in the pecan halves and toss until they are fully coated.
- Spread the pecans onto the butter coated baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, stirring the pecans every 10 minutes.
- Cool on the baking sheet for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from Trisha Yearwood.