This post contains affiliate links.
Today’s recipe is my latest obsession. I had this strawberry blue cheese salad at a family event and had to get the recipe from the relative that made it. Seriously, I just could not stop thinking about this salad. I could eat this as a meal and I could eat it every day!
Now this salad uses blue cheese, which I think gives and amazing bite to the flavor. However, if you are really against blue cheese then feel free to use some feta instead.
The whole combination of ingredients is so tasty but the sugared pecans are what really make this salad exceptional. Have this be you go to salad to take to bbq’s this summer. It won’t let you down. This is what I am sharing as THE salad for summer 2016!
If you want to make this a heartier salad some grilled chicken would be an excellent addition.
Strawberry Blue Cheese Salad
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- pepper to taste
- 12 cups mixed salad greens or spinach
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 8 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup sugared pecans
- In a container, combine all of the dressing ingredients together. The dressing will keep up to a week in the refrigerator.
- Toss dressing with salad ingredients in a large bowl and serve. Serves 12-18.
Sugared Pecans for Salad
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 cups of pecan halves
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Spray with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet, melt butter and then add in the sugar and nuts.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until the sugar dissolves and begins to caramelize.
- Pour out on the the lined baking sheet and spread out evenly. Allow to cool for about 1 hour. Store in an airtight container.
[…] Grilled Cheese Tomato and Blue Cheese Salad String Cheese Manicotti Strawberry Blue Cheese Salad Ham and Cheese Tortellini Chicken and Cheese Tortilla Pie Pesto Mac and Cheese Ham and Cheese […]