I realized the other day that I have never shared my favorite spinach salad with you. It has the perfect combination of ingredients in my book creating a symphony of flavors and textures.
Start with fresh spinach leaves. Their vibrant green color is the perfect backdrop for this delicious combination. Then add in crispy bits of bacon for a salty and smoky crunch. Next sprinkle in creamy shredded Swiss cheese. This brings a subtle nutty richness to the salad.
Now you have those sliced mushrooms that give it an earthly flavor to compliment the salad. Last, crown it off with slices of perfect hard boiled eggs. The golden yolks add a creamy indulgence. It gets a drizzling of a simple vinaigrette dressing that is the perfect accompaniment to the salad.
For the dressing, you combine all of the ingredients into a blender. You will need some oil, vinegar, sugar, and salt. Blend and drizzle the salad with the dressing and enjoy. This salad marries the richness of bacon and cheese with the freshness of spinach. Add in the umami goodness of mushrooms! The results are a delightful balance of flavors that’s perfect addition to any meal.
- LETTUCE (I JUST USE MORE SPINACH)
- MEDIUM RED ONION
- SWISS CHEESE
- FRESH MUSHROOMS
- HARD BOILED EGGS
- CANOLA OIL
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 bunch spinach stems removed
- ¼ head of lettuce I just use more spinach, cut into bite sized pieces
- ¼ medium red onion thinly sliced
- 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup grated swiss cheese
- 5 fresh mushrooms sliced
- 2 hard boiled eggs sliced
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup vinegar
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup canola oil
- Place salad ingredients into a bowl.
- In a blender, combine the dressing ingredients until smooth. Toss dressing with salad and serve immediately.