I realized the other day that I have never shared my favorite spinach salad with you. It has the perfect combination of ingredients in my book.
I love spinach and bacon together. Then add hard boiled eggs, swiss cheese, and mushroom and it is even better! It gets topped with a simple vinaigrette dressing that is the perfect compliment to the salad.Print
- 1 bunch spinach, stems removed
- 1/4 head of lettuce (I just use more spinach), cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup grated swiss cheese
- 5 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup canola oil
- Place salad ingredients into a bowl.
- In a blender, combine the dressing ingredients until smooth. Toss dressing with salad and serve immediately.