It’s s’mores week again this year at RMK. We are starting off with these S’mores Pops. I love the taste of s’mores and find it a classic flavor of summer. As long as I can find new ways to incorporate the flavors of chocolate, marshmallow, and graham crackers together – I will be having an annual s’mores week.
Plus, National S’mores Day is this Saturday August 10. Hopefully by then, I will have helped you find the right recipe to celebrate with. Her’s to a week of s’mores!
Now, on to these easy s’mores pops. They are just s’mores that are made into a version that can be placed on a stick. Now, I used Jet Puffed StackerMallows to make these. They are a large flat marshmallow that is square. I love the shape for these pop, but any marshmallow will work. They even have a smaller flat version available called S’moreMallows that would work well also. It would make a smaller version.
I tried these pops with a finely crushed graham cracker and a roughly crushed graham cracker. Either one works but I preferred the finely crushed and have it that way in the recipe.
- 10 or so sucker sticks
- 1 (11.5 oz) pkg. milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 10 or so Jet-Puffed StackerMallows
- 2 sheets of graham crackers, finely crushed
- Place chocolate with the canola oil in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave to 30 seconds and stir. You just want the chocolate to melted enough to dip the tips of the sucker sticks in. If necessary microwave for up to 20 additional seconds.
- Dip tips of sucker sticks into the melted chocolate and insert halfway into the marshmallows. This will help the marshmallow stay on the stick while coating the marshmallow with chocolate.Then place on a baking sheet and place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Once 10 minutes is up, finish microwaving chocolate until completely melted, about 20 seconds.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or waxed paper.
- Hold each marshmallow by the stick and hold over the bowl of chocolate. Use a spoon to spoon the melted chocolate over the marshmallow making sure to coat the entire marshmallow. Carefully tap the stick on the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate.
- Place the coated marshmallow on the parchment paper or waxed paper. Sprinkle the marshmallow with crushed graham crackers and allow the chocolate to set. Repeat with the remaining marshmallows. Makes about 10 pops.
This is a Real Mom Kitchen original recipe.