It’s almost Easter, so I am sharing recipes for Easter dinner all this week. We are starting the week off with a delicious recipe for slow cooker pineapple baked beans. This happens to be my mother-in-law’s recipe.
Now my go to baked bean recipe is my mom’s. However, ocassionally I want to change things up and I often reach for this recipe. These beans are good to make because they cook in the slow cooker and won’t tie up any oven space.
The over thing that I love about these baked beans is they include pineapple. It adds a nice flavor and sweetness. Pineapple also pairs so well with a ham. I love to eat my Easter ham along with baked beans.
In addition to the beans and pineapple, these baked beans include cooked bacon. Then you use that bacon grease to cook some onion and green pepper in. Then, you also add in some brown sugar, ketchup, and worchestershire sauce. All great ingredients to make some awesome slow cooker pineapple baked beans.
The potatoes in the photo below will also be included with the recipes for this wekk. That one will post on Friday. You are gonna want to stop by every day this week to check out the recipes.
Slow Cooker Pineapple Baked Beans
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 lb uncooked bacon diced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 2 31 oz cans pork and beans
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 16 oz bottle of ketchup
- 6 Tbsp worchestersire sauce
- In a skillet, add the bacon add the bacon and cook until crispy. Leave the grease in the skillet and remove the bacon to drain on a plate lined with a couple of paper towels.
- Add the onion and green peppers to the skillet with the bacon grease and cook until tender. Place on another paper towel lined plate to drain and excess grease.
- In a slow cooker, add the pork and beans, pineapple, brown sugar, ketchup, and worchestershire sauce. Stir to combine.
- Add in the cooked bacon, onion, and green peppers. Stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours. Serves 15.