Chicken Noodle Soup is a staple soup, but how about a slow cooker creamy Italian Chicken noodle soup? This variation includes some fun and flavorful ingredients.
You can find spinach, roasted red peppers, oregano, basil, parmesan cheese and garlic is what give this chicken noodle soup an Italian twist. Milk, cornstarch, and the parmesan cheese are wha give this oup it’s creamy aspect.
Now, with this recipe, you add the pasta after the soup has cooked. Once the pasta is added, you cook it on high for 15-20 minutes. This works fine, but the noodles tend to fall apart after the cpooking process. The best way to prevent this from happening is to boil the noodless seperately. Then drain them and add them to the cooked soup.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (or four small)
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, diced
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups light cream or whole milk
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 4 cups Fusili pasta
- 1–2 cups fresh spinach, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In the slow cooker, add the chicken broth, chicken breast, roasted red peppers, parsley, garlic, salt, oregano, basil and pepper. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours until chicken is cooked through
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker and shred. Add it back into the slow cooker.
- In a bowl, whisk the cream or milk and cornstarch together. Add to the slow cooker with the pasta (or cook the pasta seperately in boiling water to prevent it from breaking down in the soup) and spinach. Stir to combine
- Turn to high and cook for 15-20 minutes until pasta is al dente or cooked to desired tenderness (this can take up to 30 minutes). Turn off, add in cheese (and pasta if cooking seperately) and stir to combine. Serves 6.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Italian