This week I decided to focus on what to make for Christmas dinner. I have a week of recipes that you can add to you Christmas dinner or use all of the recipes for a complete Christmas menu. We are kicking off the week with the main dish and I have a simple cranberry citrus holiday ham recipe that is all made in the slow cooker.
With just a few extra ingredients you can dress up that traditional holiday ham. It gets dressed up with some flavors that are more seasonal. We are talking cranberry, orange, ginger, and cloves! That is all combined together and then poured over the ham. Next, it cooks on low for 4 hours.
Once the ham is cooked, remove about 1/4 cup the juices from the slow cooker. Add the juices to a saucepan and mix with some cornstarch. Once combined, add in 2 more cups of the juices and cook over medium heat until thickened. Use the thickened juices to serve over the ham.
- SLICED SMOKED HAM
- ORANGE JUICE
- CANNED WHOLE BERRY CRANBERRY SAUCE
- SOY SAUCE
- GROUND GINGER
- GROUND CLOVES
Slow Cooker Cranberry Citrus Holiday Ham
Real Mom Kitchen
- 3-4 lbs sliced smoked ham
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 14 oz can whole berry cranberry sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- Lay out the slices of ham in the slow cooker
- In a bowl, combine the orange juice, cranberry sauce, soy sauce, ginger, and cloves. Pour over the ham.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Remove 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid and add it to a sauce pan. Add the cornstarch and whisk together. add in 2 more cups of the cooking liquid and bring the mixture to a boil. Allow to thicken and serve over the ham. Serves 8-12.
Recipe adapted from Landee See Landee Do.