This week I decided to focus on what to make for Christmas dinner. I have a week of recipes that you can add to you Christmas dinner or use all of the recipes for a complete Christmas menu.
We are kicking off the week with the main dish and I have a simple cranberry citrus holiday ham recipe that is all made in the slow cooker. With just a few extra ingredients you can dress up that traditional holiday ham.
It gets dressed up with some flavors that are more seasonal. We are talking cranberry, orange, ginger, and cloves!
- 3–4 lbs sliced smoked ham
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 (14 oz) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- Lay out the slices of ham in the slow cooker
- In a bowl, combine the orange juice, cranberry sauce, soy sauce, ginger, and cloves. Pour over the ham.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Remove 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid and add it to a sauce pan. Add the cornstarch and whisk together. add in 2 more cups of the cooking liquid and bring the mixture to a boil. Allow to thicken and serve over the ham. Serves 8-12.
Recipe adapted from Landee See Landee Do.