Simple and satisfying – that is what I have for you today. This Slow Cooked Chicken and Stuffing recipe is loved by the whole family. I love how easy it was to make.
With 4 ingredients and your trusty old slow cooker, this dinner with be ready to go. It only cooks for 3-4 hours on high. Time will depend on if your crock pot cooks really hot. You don’t want to dry the chicken out. I would think you could reduce to low and have it ready in about 5-6 hours.
I especially love to cook this dish on Sunday. Since it is so easy to make, I don’t mind spending more time on a side to accompany this dish like homemade rolls or a veggie dish that is more than just throwing a bag of frozen veggies in the microwave.
However, when I did the photo I did just add a bag of frozen of mixed veggies and some King’s Hawaiian rolls. It was a great quick weeknight dinner too!
Slow Cooked Chicken and Stuffing
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breast If they are large I cut them in half
- 1 6 oz box of stuffing mix
- 1 10 3/4 oz can cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup light sour cream
- Spray you crock pot with non-stick cooking spray and place the chicken in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Pour the dry stuffing mix over the chicken. (If your box has the seasoning separate from the bread crumbs. Sprinkle bread crumbs followed by the seasoning mix)
- In a bowl, combine the soup and sour cream. Then place dollops of the mixture over the stuffing. Then take a silicone spatula and try to spread the soup mixture over the stuffing. Kind of like frosting a cake.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours until fully cooked. Serves 4-6.
Recipe adapted from Our Table For Seven.