Do you ever have one of those days where you think, this day is just too much? Well, that’s the kind of day I had yesterday.
The day started off with my daughter passing out at breakfast. She was diagnosed with vasovagal syncope 7 years ago, but we have managed to avoid another passing out episode since then. I put a call in to her doctor when the office opened at 8 am to see what she wanted us to do. About an hour later, I got the call from the doctors office to come see her at 1 pm and get an EKG just to be safe.
My oldest son who is living at home, while commuting to college, woke up that morning not feeling well. He was feeling nauseous and ended up missing work and school.
I happen to also work at my daughter’s school and have to be to work at 9:15 am. So, I took her to school with me and we both stayed there until 12:15. Then, we drove to Salt Lake for her doctor appointment.
When my husband got home from work in the afternoon, he wasn’t feeling well. He was experiencing vertigo. This is something he gets occasionally. It was a crazy day.
This is easy, delicious, and nutritious. The family loves it and clean up is super quick.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium diced onion
- 1 diced bell pepper
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- 2 cups V8 juice
- 1( 8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 8 oz macaroni or other small pasta
- 1 (16 oz) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- In a large skillet, brown beef with onion until fully cooked. Drain off any excess grease.
- Mix in garlic and seasonings. Cook until garlic is fragrant. Mix in V8 juice, tomato sauce and water. Bring to a boil.
- Mix in pasta and reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Mix in beans and sprinkle with cheese. Remove from heat and cover until cheese is melted. Serve top with green onion. Serves 4-5.
Recipe adapted fro Our Best Bites.