You can have lasagna in the summer with out having to turn your oven on! All you need is a skillet for these skillet chicken lasagna rolls.
This lasagna also has more of a summer flavor. The filling includes cooked chicken, fresh basil, corn, and carrot. Just grab a rotisserie chicken to simply your meal prep on this.
It is perfect paired with a green salad and rolls or bread from your local bakery.
Skillet Chicken Lasagna Rolls
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 ½ cups cooked and diced chicken
- ½ cup frozen corn
- ¼ cup shredded carrots
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese divided
- ⅓ cup fresh basil cut into thin strips, divided
- 6 cooked lasagna noodles
- 2 cups pasta sauce
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, corn, shredded carrot, garlic, ricotta cheese, and egg.
- Then mix in 1/4 cup of the parmesan cheese and 2 Tbsp of the basil.
- Spread the mixture over the top of the noodles leaving about 2 inches uncover at one end. Roll up the noodles tightly toward the uncovered end.
- Pour 1 cup of the pasta sauce into a skillet and place rolls ups in the sauce. Spoon the remaining 1 cup of sauce over the roll ups.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and basil to serve. Seres 6.
Recipe adapted from Kraft.