This post contains affiliate links.
This spring, Rice Krispies is helping moms to “Keep It Simple, Silly!” Making a recipe you find online doesn’t have to mean creating a culinary masterpiece—it can just be a great way to connect with your kids. Made with a few simple ingredients, Rice Krispies Treats are the perfect, easy-to-make goodie and can be a great activity for families to enjoy together.
Not only are Rice Krispie Treats easy to make but there are so many fun ways to serve them. They have a great Pinterest page where you can find fun #easytomake ideas and recipes. That is where I found how to make the Rice Krispies Garden Party Garland that I am sharing with you today.
They are basically a fruit kabob that includes little squares of Rice Krispies Treats.
I made them one afternoon with my daughter. You do need to give the treats some time to cool and set before you place them on the skewers, so be sure to keep that in mind when making it.
My daughter loved placing the “little baby” Rice Krispies Treats on the skewers along with fruit that we cut into fun spring shapes by using mini cookie cutters. You can check out the fun we had in the video below.
I asked my daughter how she liked making these together. She said they looked “really good and tasted good.” She also told me it was “very fun” making them and her favorite part uses the cookie cutters on the fruit.
What do you think of what we made? You can make your own Rice Krispies Treats and share your creations on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or Instagram. Just be sure to include the hashtag #easytomake.
You can also visit RiceKrispies.com to learn how you can get inspired with new Rice Krispies Treats recipes and decorating ideas, plus learn how to enter the Rice Krispies Treat Making Contest on Pinterest.
Rice Krispies Garden Party Garland
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 (10 oz) bag mini marshmallows
- 6 cups KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal
- 32 pieces of fresh fruit such as strawberries, kiwi, pineapple, watermelon etc. Cut with mini cookie cutters to make fun shapes
- 16 (12-inch-long) wooden skewers
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool.
- Once KRISPIES Treats are cooled cut into 1-2 inch squares.
- Alternately thread cereal squares and fruit onto skewers. Best if served the same day. Makes 16 servings.
Recipe adapted from Rice Krispies.
This post is sponsored by Rice Krispies. However, my opinions are always 100% my own.