From now until about New Years Eve, I plan on sharing quick and easy appetizer recipes to get you through your holiday parties. It seems like you can always use a good last minute appetizer at this time of year. They also make great hostess gifts. Today I am going to share a recipe I found on a site called A Little Loveliness. She always has elegant looking parties and yummy food. Her pictures are simply beautiful. The recipe is for a Ranch Salsa dip. She recommends serving it with wheat thins. I enjoyed it with tortilla chips. It would also work well with veggies. It calls for 4 ingredients and is a breeze to mix together.
I am also going to share some of my favorite appetizers with you today from my archives. Again, I’m going the easy route for you. These are all easy to put together, nothing too complicated.
- Crescent veggie pizza – crescent dough spread with cream cheese and topped with fresh cut veggies.
- Super Fast Blender Salsa – throw 6 ingredients in your blender and blend. It’s that easy.
- Three Cheese Spread – just throw 3 cheeses in your food processor with a few seasonings, blend, and voila.
- Black Bean and Corn Salsa – if you can use a can opener then you can make this salsa. Bonus about this recipe is it has to be made 12-24 hours before your party. So one less thing to worry about the day of the party.
- Potato Slabs – if you want to have potato skins, this is the easier version. Have to potatoes all cooked except for the last 10 minutes. Then toss them in the oven for the 10 minutes right before your guest arrive.
- Friendship Dip – a easy layered hot dip served with tortilla chips.
- Laura’s Smokies – too easy, only 2 ingredients. These are my daughter’s favorite. She calls them smokes.
- Quick Sweet and Sour Meatballs – who doesn’t love a great meatball? and all you need is ketchup and grape jelly for these guys.
- Shockingly Simple Fruit Dip – only 2 ingredients here or go for the Easy Fruit Dip – almost the same recipe but uses 4 ingredients.
- Cheesy Bean Dip – only 3 ingredients and ready in 10 minutes.
- LIGHT CREAM CHEESE
- LIGHT SOUR CREAM
- HIDDEN VALLEY RANCH SALAD DRESSING MIX
- ROTEL DICED TOMATOES AND GREEN CHILIES
- 1 (8 oz) pkg light cream cheese
- 1 (8 oz) pkg or 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 (1 oz) pkg Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing mix
- 1 (10 oz) can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies (mild or regular, I used mild but wished I used regular), well drained
- Mix all ingredients, adding one at a time, then chill. Serve with Wheat Thins, tortilla chips, etc. I sprinkled mine with some dried parsley to serve.