Kelsey Nixon, who was one of the finalists on Next Food Network Star, is a fellow Utahn. Recently, she was here making the rounds on local TV. I discovered from her appearances that she has a website with recipes, Kelsey’s Kitchen. While browsing her site I came across this recipe for pumpkin dip that you serve with ginger snaps.
I love ginger snaps and this sounded like a fun and different way to have them. The recipe says the orange extract is optional. I had some so I added it and would highly recommend it. I don’t know if I would like it as much if it didn’t have the orange in it. It really added to the flavor combination.
I also made a half recipe and it made plenty. I would say around 2 cups. You could purchase ginger snaps to serve this with, but I made homemade ginger snaps. Come back tomorrow and I’ll be sharing my recipe for ginger snaps to go along with this dip.
- 8 oz cream cheese (room temp.)
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 14 oz. pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp orange extract (optional, I recommend adding it)
- In a medium bowl combine powdered sugar and cream cheese. Blend on medium speed until smooth. Add the pumpkin puree along with the cinnamon and the orange extract. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Place several gingersnap cookies in a plastic bag and crumble them using a rolling pin. Sprinkle the gingersnaps over the pumpkin dip. Serve with gingersnap cookies.
- *This dip can be made in a food processor.