Today is the last day of my #EggoWaffleOff posts. It has been a fun week sharing these recipe that I created. I hope you have all enjoyed it. My final recipe takes the cake, literally. I took the cake out of pineapple upside-down cake and replaced it with waffles to make Pineapple Upside-Down Eggo Waffles.
You get all of that sweet pineapple flavor paired with brown sugar placed on top of Eggo waffles. I really love the combination of just about any fruit on top of waffles. I did add a little sweetened whipped cream on top to showcase the traditional maraschino cherries found in the cake recipe. However, the whipped cream isn’t necessary, but it is tasty. However, don’t skip the cherry! These waffles really could qualify for dessert or for breakfast. You choose!
Now go off and create you own recipe like these Pineapple Upside-Down Eggo Waffles for the Eggo “Great Waffle Off!” contest and enter by visiting the Eggo Waffle Facebook page. You could be the winner of $5,000! It would be so awesome of one of you won! Also, it is your last chance to enter my Eggo waffle giveaway, so go do it if you haven’t already!
Pineapple Upside-Down Eggo Waffles
Real Mom Kitchen
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 8 oz can crushed pineapple, drained
- 8 Eggo Homestyle or Buttermilk Waffles
- sweetened whipped cream
- 4 maraschino cherries
- In 1-quart saucepan,combine the brown sugar, whipping cream, corn syrup, butter, and vanilla. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring occasionally; remove from heat and mix in the pineapple.
- Toast waffles according to pkg directions.
- To serve, place two Eggo Waffles on a plate on top of each other. Top with pineapple sauce followed by whipped cream and a cherry. Serves 4.