If you like pina coladas, then today is your day. Yes, I like pina coladas (virgin ones that it), but not so much getting caught in the rain. Today’s popsicle recipe was my absolute favorite one that I made this year. It tastes just like a pina colada. These pina colada pops tend to be on the soft side so they need to freezer for at least 24 hours before you can unmold them.
These popsicles really are more like a fruit bar. I LOVE them, MAKE them! Then sit back, turn on that fun Jimmy Buffet song (I have included the youtube video of that song for you below the recipe just for easy access), close your eyes, and imagine you are on whatever beach you want to be. If you can’t be there, just imaging you are there and taste can help create that escape. I am always imagining I’m in Hawaiian or one of the couple of the beautiful Mexican beaches I have been to when I am eating these. I always keep my pina colada pops virgin, but you can add 1/4 cup rum to the mix if you so desire.
Pina Colada Pops
Real Mom Kitchen
- 2 cups fresh pineapple cut into chunks
- 1 15 oz container sweetened cream of coconut (like Coco Lopez)
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- Place the above ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into popsicle molds.
- Freeze for at least 24 hours.
- Unmold and enjoy. This will make 10 (3 oz) popsicles.
Recipe adapted from Redbook Magazine.