Blondies resemble the traditional chocolate brownie, but the cocoa is swapped out vanilla extract. These peanut butter blondies also includes peanut butter bring that wonderful combination of peanut butter and chocolate together!
Reese’s Pieces baking pieces along with chocolate chips into the batter. If you don’t have Reese’s Pieces baking pieces, feel free to use peanut butter chips. This uses brown sugar rather than white sugar. This gives it a chewier texture and deeper flavor.
Another key to making these amazing blondies is to fold in the flour. You want to do it just until it is blended it. You want to minimize the formation of gluten in these and the less mixing the less gluten.
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup Reese’s Pieces baking pieces or peanut butter chips
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9×13 inch pan with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt together the butter and peanut butter. Stir together until smooth.
- Gently fold in the flour and salt. Do not to overmix.
- Fold in the Reese’s Pieces baking pieces and chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter into the prepared.
- Bake at 350 degrees oven for 25 to 30 minutes until the top looks set an inserted toothpick comes out clean or with a few damp crumbs. Makes 15 blondies.
Recipe adapted from Just So Tasty.