This post may contain affiliate links.
I made these oven roasted squash and mushrooms for mother’s day dinner. This year mother’s day happened to also be my hubby’s 40th birthday. So I decided to do a dinner for him and invite my mom over too. To celebrate, I planned a dinner with food that my husband and mother liked along with something I would like. The meal consisted of bacon wrapped filet minon and creamy garlic and herb mashed potatoes for my hubby. For my mom, I had fresh fruit along with a creamy coconut fruit dip (recipe to come). The recipe is one we had at a baby shower before and my mom loved it.
Today’s oven roasted squash and mushrooms recipe is my portion of the meal. I wanted some roasted veggies and this is what a came up with. They were so good and just what I wanted. I love it when simple ingredinets can make such a tasty dish. I seriously could just eat this. In fact, I purchased all of the ingredients to cook up a batch for tomorrow and enjoy for a couple of my lunches this week. To finish off our mother’s day/birthday meal, I served something that we all love – eclair pie. It was a great day with a delicious meal.
Oven Roasted Squash and Mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place vegetables on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil over the vegetables and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Toss the vegetables to coat evenly with the oil. Be sure they are all coated.
- Bake at 425 until tender for about 20 minutes. Stir halfway through cooking. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from Add a Pinch.