This one pot creamy ziti is a recipe that everyone should have in their recipe collection. It is so easy and so delicious. Plus clean up is so easy since you make it all in one pot.
Now, I thought I had enough ziti in my pantry to make it. Turned out there wasn’t enough. However, I also had an open package of cavatappi. Only issue when I did this was the ziti was ready before the cavatappi. The cavatappi took quite a bit longer. So I strongly recommend just using the ziti or have it all be the same shaped pasta to be cooked at the same time.
So in a covered large skillet or shallow stock pot, add the ziti, chicken broth, cream, garlic, salt, and pepper. Bring it to a simmer over medium heat. Once it’s at a simmer, uncover and simmer for 10 minutes or until the pasta is tender.
Next, you mix in the marinara sauce. Once combined, you stir in the Parmesan cheese along with the mozzarella cheese. Turn off the heat and allow to sit for about 5 minutes until the cheese is melted and combined. Serve the one pot creamy ziti with additional parmesan cheese if desired.
- CHICKEN BROTH
- HEAVY CREAM
- SALT AND PEPPER
- ZITI PASTA
- MARINARA SAUCE
- SHREDDED PARMESAN CHEESE
- MOZZARELLA CHEESE
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp minced garlic (I used dried)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz dry ziti pasta
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese, plus additional for garnish
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Once simmering, uncover and simmer for 10 minutes or until the pasta is al dente.
- Mix in the marinara sauce and stir until thoroughly combined. Turn off the heat.
- Gradually mix in the cheese. The cheese will thicken the sauce as it melts. Allow to sit for 5 or so minutes to let the pasta absorb a little of the sauce and cheese melt. Then serve and top with additional parmesan cheese if desired. Serves 4.
This recipe is adapted from Cooking with Karli.