I am so excited that tomorrow is the first day of Spring! Are you?
Whenever the seasons change, I know I get to change up what I have been making in the kitchen. Lemon and berries are two flavors I think of when I think of Spring.
Lemon adds a nice freshness and brightness to any berry. Lemons are quite amazing. And don’t get me started on berries. I love them all!
So in honor of Spring officially beginning tomorrow I created a simple recipe using Lucky Leaf Blueberry Pie Filling and a lemon. It will get you in the mood for all of those fabulous Spring flavors.
I love the convenience of using canned pie filling in my recipes. Lucky Leaf pie filling is a quick and simple baking solution. The quality of Lucky Leaf is the main reason I reach for their pie filling when picking up pie filling from the store. It is a great high-quality, easy-to-use dessert product.
This recipe for mini lemon blueberry crostatas is so easy to make. Plus, everyone gets their own little crostata. There’s just something special about having your own individualized dessert. Kids love them, adults love them. You just can’t lose.
You can also eat these mini crostatas as is or top them with a little ice cream or whipped cream! I prefer the whipped cream.
Mini Lemon Blueberry Crostatas
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 15 oz pkg refrigerated pie crust softened as directed on box
- 1 21 oz can Lucky Leaf Premium Blueberry Pie Filling
- 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- whipping cream or ice cream optional
- Heat oven to 425°F. Unroll crust on work surface. Roll crust out slightly; cut each sheet into 3 (5-6 inch) rounds. You can use a small plate as a template. Place rounds on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- In medium bowl, add pie filling. Zest lemon and add to pie filling along with 1 Tbsp of juice from the lemon. Combine and divide filling in between the 6 rounds of crust, place in the very center.
- Using your finger, wipe milk over the edges of the pie crust and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Serve warm or at room temp with whipped cream or ice cream. Makes 6 mini crostatas.
Recipe inspired by Lucky Leaf.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. As always, my opinions are 100% my own.