Today with this weeks menu plan Monday – Week 6, I wanted to include a tip for freezing the extra meal I plan each week. Most of them will work to place them in a zip lock freezer bag, whether it be quart or gallon sized. Once the bag is filled allow it to lay flat in the refrigerator over night. This allows the meal to cool completely before freezing. Then the next morning, place it – laying flat- into the freezer. This helps take up less freezer space. Also, mark your bags with what they are using a permanent marker.
Menu Plan Monday – Week 6
- Cheeseburger Flatbread Melts ( double the meat and freeze half for another time)
- Ritzy Chicken – I recommend serving it with onion and chive mashed potatoes
- Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Chicken – Don’t be scared off by the long list of ingredients on this one. The bulk of the ingredients make the sauce and are regular pantry items.
- Chalupas – This is one of those speedy meals for those busy nights. You still can get dinner on the table without having to stop at a fast food chain.
- Grilled Italian Sausage Sandwiches – Italian sausage placed on a bun, with some provolone cheese followed by some flavorful peppers and onions, YUM! What more can I say, this is simple, filling, and flavorful!