This lemon-herb grilled chicken was a recipe I saw when I first started my blog. It was on a local television show called “Good Things Utah”. It is so delicious.
In my hurry to get the marinate on the chicken before church when I first made this recipe, I made a mistake. I missed the part about placing the marinade in the blender before added the chicken to it. I just mixed it all up with a wire whisk. It still turned out great. If I had blended it, we would not have been eating the large pieces of the dried rosemary.
Since then, I have kept this recipe with my mistake and all. I actually love the big pieces of the dried rosemary. So you can do it your way. whisk or blend it, whichever you prefer.
- 1/2 cup canola oil or olive oil
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp dried Thyme
- 1 Tbsp dried Rosemary
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 4 –8 chicken breasts (I prefer chicken tenders and use about 18)
- Combine all ingredients except the chicken together in a bowl and whisk together. Alternately, you can place the marinade in the blender and blend well if you don’t like the large pieces of herbs.
- Pour over chicken and marinate for 4-8 hours. I like to place it all in a gallon sized ziploc bag.
- Cook on grill until chicken is done.
This is the original photo from this post when it was first posted in May of 2008.