Snacks and treats are a great way to get kids involved with cooking in the kitchen. This weeks recipe is one the kids will enjoy. These quick and easy homemade no bake PB and chocolate granola bars were a big hit at my house. They are soft, chewy, and sweet.
My hubby isn’t a big peanut butter fan and even he enjoyed them. I have a feeling we will be making these a lot this summer at out house. These babies are just as easy as whippin’ up a batch of good old rice krispie treats. Now I just need to stock up on mini chocolate chips.
- BROWN SUGAR
- CREAMY PEANUT BUTTER
- QUICK OATS
- CRISPY RICE CEREAL (LIKE RICE KRISPIES)
- MINI CHOCOLATE CHIPS
No Bake PB and Chocolate Granola Bars
Real Mom Kitchen
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal like Rice Krispies
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Cut out an 8 x 8 inch square of parchment paper.
- Place the parchment paper in the bottom of an 8 x 8 inch baking dish.
- In a large sauce pan, add the butter, honey, brown sugar, and peanut butter.
- Place on the stove over medium-low heat. Stir occasionally with a large spoon until it begins to bubble.
- Once bubbling, cook for 2 minutes while stirring.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla followed by the oats and crispy cereal. Stir until well coated then pour into the 8 x 8 inch dish.
- Press the mixture evenly into the dish.
- Sprinkle the mini chocolate chips over the top and gently press into the granola bars with your hands.
- Allow to cool and then cut into bars. Makes 12-16 granola bars.
Recipe adapted from Kitchen Trial and Error.