I love baking potaotes in my Instant Pot. However, I love to eat the skin of the potatoes. When I bake the potatoes that way, I miss having that crispy skin from baking them in the oven. Enter in now, the Instant Pot crispy baked potatoes.
Next that baking sheet goes on the middle rack of your oven that has been preheated to broil. You give those a mintue or 2 to cook. Then turn them and give them another minute or 2. The result is tender potatoes with crispy skins that are tasty enough to eat.
Slice open those beauties and top them with some butter. Then add some sour cream and salt and pepper. Or feel free to make it a loaded baked potato with the addition of cheese, bacon, and chives. Better yet, have a baked potato bar with all the fixing your heart desires. Either way, you’ll be in carb heaven with these Instant Pot crispy baked potatoes!Print
- 6 medium russet potatoes, washed
- 1 cup cold water
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- Prick each one 5-6 times with a fork. Place the trivet in your Instant Pot. Pour in 1 cup cold water. Then place potatoes on top, stacking on top of each other if necessary.
- Place lid on and make sure valve is in sealed position. Cook on HIGH pressure for 12 minutes. Allow pressure to release naturally for 8-10 minutes. Then release any remaining pressure using quick release.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Remove the cooked potatoes and place on a baking sheet. Brush all over skins with olive oil.
- Sprinkle all over sides of potatoes with kosher salt.
- Place baking sheet on MIDDLE rack of the oven. Broil for 1-2 minutes, turn potatoes over, and broil for 1-2 minutes longer. Serves 6.
- Category: Sides
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Recipe adted from Mama Gourmand.