Today, I have an instant pot chicken fried rice recipe for you. It can all be made in the instant pot with the exception of scrambling the eggs. That you can just do in a skillet right before it finishes cooking in the instant pot.
This fried rice includes chicken. However, if you want to use this as a side instead of a main dish, you can just leave the chicken. This comes together super fast because you just use frozen peas and carrots as the veggies in addition to some onion.
Now I used Jasmine rice, but if you want to use long grain or basamati you probably would need to increase the cook time for a minute or two.
- 1 1/2 cups Jasmine rice
- 1 Tbsp plus 1 tsp canola oil, divided
- 2 chicken breasts, diced into chunks
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp ginger, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp garlic, finely minced
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 Tbsp chopped green onions
- Turn the Instant Pot on to saute.
- Rinse and drain rice; set aside.
- Add 1 Tbsp of the oil with the chicken and onion to the Instant Pot. Saute for a couple of minutes until the chicken is cooked on the outside and onions are translucent. Press cancel.
- Add in the ginger and garlic. Saute for 30 seconds.
- Add in the rinsed Jasmine rice and stir until coated with onion mixture.
- Add in soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, black pepper, frozen vegetables, and water. Stir to combine. Put the lid and make sure valve is set to seal. Set to manaual cook for 5 minutes.
- Let the pressure release naturally (NPR) for 10 minutes and then release any remaining pressure using the Quick Release (QR) method.
- Open the lid and gently fluff the rice with a fork. Let the fried rice rest for a few minutes.
- In the meantine, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat on the stove. Coat the frying pan with remaining 1 tsp vegetable oil and pour in the eggs. Scramble the eggs until eggs are set. Add eggs to the rice. Gently stir to combine.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with the green onions. Serves 4.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Asian
The recipe is adapted from Paint the Kitchen Red.