Today, I have an Instant Pot chicken and wild rice soup. I love a good creamy chicken and wild rice soup. I have a couple of stove top versions and a slow cooker version. They are all delicious but take some time to make.
The great thing about the instant pot version is it only takes 5 minutes to cook! Another thing I love, is the chicken is added to the soup raw. All of my other recipes, you add in the chicken when it’s cooked.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 (14 oz) cans chicken broth
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, uncooked and diced
- 1 (6 oz) pkg. Uncle Ben’s Long Grain & Wild Rice
- 1/2 Tbsp dried parsley
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp cold water
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup half and half
- Turn on the sauté mode on the Instant Pot. Add in the butter until melted. Add in the onion, carrot, and celery. Cookwhiel stirring ocassionally for about 5 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Add chicken broth, chicken, wild rice with it’s seasoning packet, and parsley.
- Lock lid in place, use manual high pressure for 5 minutes. When cook time ends, allow the pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes, then finish with a quick pressure release. Remove lid.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in the 2 Tbsp water. Turn on to sauté and mix in the cornstarch while stirring constantly.
- Add cubed cream cheese, and stir until cheese is melted. Add milk and half and half and heat through, but do not bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. makes 6-8 servings.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American