Chicken and potatoes is a classic meal. This recipe made that duo even better because it is Instant Pot chicken and potatoes. The Instant Pot makes it possible to have this meal ready in 10-15 minutes. Time variation will depend on the size of chicken breasts you use.
The chicken and potatoes get coated first with some olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper. Then you coast them with a mixture of garlic powder, dried thyme, dried basil, and dry ranch dressing mix. This combination gives the chicken and potatoes great flavor.
Next step is to add some chicken broth into the Instant Pot.
This is followed by adding in the chicken breast then placing the potatoes on top of the chicken breasts. Then it is time to cook for the 10-15 minutes on high pressure.
Once the cooking is complete you remove the chicken and potatoes from the Instant Pot with a slotted spoon. Before serving you sprinkle it all with the remaining ranch dressing mix and parmesan cheese.
Now for the potatoes, I used fingerling potatoes. There was a combo at the store that included purple fingerling potatoes. I loved them both. However, my husband and daughter did not like the flavor of the purple potatoes. Mini red or Yukon gold potatoes will also work.
This isn’t per say a WW recipe but it does work for my weight loss plan. For me it was a total of 8 personal points for me. This could even be less if potatoes are a 0 point food for you on your personal points. The chicken is so flavorful. You are gonna love this meal.
- BONELESS SKINLESS CHICKEN BREASTS
- FINGERLING POTATOES (OR MINI RED OR YUKON GOLD POTATOES)
- OLIVE OIL
- SALT & PEPPER
- GARLIC POWDER
- DRIED THYME
- DRIED BASIL
- DRY RANCH MIX
- DRIED OREGANO
- CHICKEN BROTH
- GRATED PARMESAN CHEESE
Click here to get your WW Personal Points for this recipe.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 lbs fingerling potatoes (or mini red or Yukon gold potatoes)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp + 2 tsp dry Ranch seasoning – divided
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken and potatoes with the olive oil, then season with salt and pepper. In a bowl, combine the garlic powder, thyme, basil, oregano, and 2 tablespoons of the Ranch seasoning. Sprinkle over the chicken and potatoes, toss to coat evenly.
- Add chicken broth to the instant pot, then place chicken in the broth, and top with the potatoes. Place the lid on in the locked position and turn the vent to the sealed position. Set to “pressure cook” for 10-15 minutes depending on the size of your chicken breasts.
- Once the cook time is finished, do a “quick release”. Transfer chicken and potatoes to a large platter with a slotted spoon.
- Mix the remaining 2 tsp ranch seasoning and parmesan cheese together and sprinkle over the chicken and potatoes. Garnish with additional chopped thyme or parsley if desired before serving. Serves 4.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes plus time to come to pressure
- Category: chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
This recipe is adapted from Le Creme de La Crumb.