This week is Instant Pot week. I am sharing all new Instant Pot recipes. If you got an Instant Pot for Christmas it’s time to get it out and get cooking. We are starting with an Instant Pot beef and wild rice recipe.
The two main components in this Instant Pot beef and wild rice. It’s a package of Uncle Ben’s wild rice and a pound of ground beef. It all start by using the sauté setting and browning the ground beef with an onion. Once that’s done, you will need to drain off any excess grease.
Then you mix in 1/2 of the package of the seasoning mix that came with the rice. Follow that with adding in some beef broth. Once you add the broth you want to scrap the bottom of the pan removing bits that may be stuck to the bottom of the pan. This will prevent getting a burn error with things cook. Add in the rice and make sure it’s all covered with the broth.
Next you add the carrots, celery, mushrooms, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and the remaining seasonings from the seasoning packet on top of the rice. Do not stir. It’s time to cook. You cook it for 5 minutes with a 10 minute natural pressure release. The results are delicious and sure to please as long as no one has an aversion to wild rice. My daughter who is on the autism spectrum will even eat this. She just picks out the mushrooms.
- GROUND BEEF
- UNCLE BEN’S ORIGINAL LONG GRAIN AND WILD RICE
- BEEF BROTH
- KOSHER SALT
- BLACK PEPPER
- GARLIC POWDER
Instant Pot Beef and Wild Rice
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 pkg (6 oz) Uncle Ben’s original Long Grain and Wild Rice
- 1 ¼ cups beef broth
- 2 ribs of celery diced
- 1 large carrot peeled and diced
- 4 oz mushrooms chopped
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Turn the Instant Pot on to sauté mode. Add in the ground beef and onion. Brown until beef is fully cooked and drain off excess grease.
- Stir in half of the seasoning packet that is in the rice box. Add in the broth and scrape the bottom of the pot so that nothing is sticking. This will prevent you from getting a burn error on the Instant Pot.
- Sprinkle in the rice and press it so that all of the rice is submerged in the broth. Dump the celery, carrots, mushrooms, salt, pepper, garlic powder and remaining half of the seasoning packet on top of the rice. Don’t stir.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to seal. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 10 minutes and then manually vent any remaining pressure. Remove the lid.
- Stir together. Serve and enjoy.
Recipe adapted from 365 Days of Slow + Pressure Cooking.