I am one who loves to enjoy grill season for as long as the weather will allow! Sometimes, even when it’s not really allow!
My middle son has a birthday in December and I always cook a meal of their choice for their birthday. He has picked items that needed to be grilled and we have grilled on our deck with snow before in December.
NO snow yet, so we must grill away while we can. I have a simple herb marinated chicken to share with you all today. I was actually sent the recipe along with some ingredients from McDonald’s. The chicken recipe is what they in their new Artisan Grilled Chicken Sandwich.
The original version you cook the herb marinated chicken in a skillet, but I cooked it on the grill. My family really enjoyed this recipe.
Herb Marinated Chicken
Real Mom Kitchen
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 ½ Tbsp salt
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 6 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup water
- 6 chicken breasts
- ½ fresh lemon
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley optional
- In a gallon size ziploc bag, place the garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, sugar, salt, honey, lemon juice, and water. Zip closed and shake to combine.
- Open bag and add chicken. seal bag closed and massage chicken with the marinade. Place in the fridge for 2-4 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade and grill chicken on grill over medium heat until fully coked.
- To serve, squeeze juice from 1/2 lemon over chicken and sprinkle with parsley if desired.
Recipe adapted from McDonalds.
This is not a sponsored post. I was however sent the spices, recipe, and coupons for the Artisan Grilled Chicken Sandwich from McDonalds to try if I desired to.