I love a good ham fried rice. I also love that it is a great dish to make for leftover rice or ham! This version has a little Hawaiian twist on it!
This Hawaiian fried rice has items you would expect in a usual ham fried rice but with the addition of sweet Hawaiian pineapple! Fresh or canned with do!
If your family is a fan of Hawaiian pizza then they with definitely love this fried rice with Hawaiian flavor!
- 1/2 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 cups diced ham
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 5 cups cold fully cooked rice
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 6 diced green onion, green part only
- In a large skillet, add canola oil along with the ham and pepper. Cook over medium heat until pepper is tender and ham is browned.
- Add garlic and ginger to the skillet and cook just until garlic is fragrant.
- Then mix in the cooked rice. Cook over medium until heated.
- Push the mixture off to one have of the skillet. In the other half, add the beaten egg and scramble until cooked.
- Mix in the soy sauce and sesame oil until well combined.
- Remove from heat. Mix in the pineapple and green onion and serve. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe