Today I have some quick and easy quesadillas for you. They are filled with cheese and black beans, which are my favorite bean to use. Not only do I love the taste of them but they tend to be on the higher end for protein as far as beans go with 8 g of protein.
I cooked these on the grill but you can always cook them in a skillet if you prefer. They can be served as your main dish or cut into smaller wedges and served as an appetizer. Either way these are delicious and you will see smiles from your family and guests.
- 2 (15 oz) cans of Bush’s Black Beans, drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 cups shredded Colby- Monterey Jack cheese mix
- 10 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- additional sour cream, salsa, or guacamole to serve with
- Preheat your grill to medium heat.
- In a bowl, add 1 can of your black beans and mash with a potato masher until beans are well mashed.
- Add the remaining 1 can of beans along with the salsa and cumin to the mashed beans. Stir until well combined.
- Divide the bean mixture between 5 of the tortillas. Spread evenly over the tortillas.
- Sprinkle about 1/3 cup of the shredded cheese over the beans on each tortilla.
- Top with remaining tortillas and place on the grill. Cook about 2 minutes per side until crisp and golden.
- Cut into wedges and serve with salsa, sour cream, or quacamole.
Recipe adapted from Bush’s Beans.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. I am a brand ambassador for Bush’s Bean. My opinions are my own.