- 1 cup water
- ½ cup butter (no substitutes)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
- 2 (3.4 oz) pkgs. instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 (8 oz) pkg frozen whipped topping, thawed
- chcolate syrup or chocolate ganache**
- Preheat to 400 degrees.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring water, butter, and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once; stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, beating well with a wooden spoon after each addition. Beat until smooth. Spread into a greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 400 for 30 to 35 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack. If desired, remove puff from pan and place on a serving platter.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, pudding mix, and milk until smooth. (Now if your not careful doing this you can end up with chunks of cream cheese in the pudding mixture. I beat the cream cheese first. Then add the first cup of milk to it a little at a time. Then add the rest and pudding mix) Spread over puff; refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Spread with whipped topping; refrigerate. Drizzle with chocolate syrup or chocolate ganache just before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. 12 servings.
** Place 1/4 cup heavy cream with 1/2 cup choclate chipsin a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 20 seconds and stir. Then microwave for 10 secind intervals, stirring after each time until it is melted and well combined. Allow to cool slightly before using.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: French