Campfire meals are a favorite of mine. There is something that cooking over a campfire adds to the dish. When you don’t have a campfire the next best thing to use is a grill. Today, I am sharing some easy grill packets that come together in no time . Plus, they cook in 15 minutes. I make them on the grill but they could also be cooked over a campfire.
The main reason these cook so quickly is because of the ingredients you use. They really just need to be heated through. You do want the potatoes and onions to have a little time to get a little more tender. Other than that, you are basically warming up the ingredients and melting the cheese.
I used all beef hot dogs in the grill packets. However, if you have any leftover meat that is fully cooked like chicken or steak you could easily dice that up and use it in place of the hot dog.
- HEAVY DUTY FOIL
- CANOLA OIL
- REFRIGERATED HOMESTYLE SLICED POTATOES OR RED POTATO WEDGES
- ALL BEEF HOT DOGS
- BBQ SAUCE
- SHREDDED CHEESE
- Brush the portion of each foil sheet where you will be placing the ingredients.
- Divide potatoes evenly between the squares of foil.
- Top each with some of the onion and hot dog.
- Then drizzle each with some of the bbq sauce followed by a sprinkling of the shredded cheese.
- Fold foil over mixture sealing tightly.
- Grill covered, over medium heat, for 15 minutes until heat through. Carefully open foil and allow steam to escape. Serves 5.
Recipe adapted from tasteofhome.com