After all these years of blogging, I realized I have never shared a classic dish that I grew up with – easy cheese stuffed shells!
These are somewhat similar to manicotti, but much easier to stuff. Instead of tubes you stuff jumbo sized shell pasta. The kids always love the idea of jumbo shell shaped pasta too. Another great dish to add to your Italian section of recipes!
Easy Cheese Stuffed Shells
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 12 oz box jumbo pasta shells
- 1 15 oz container ricotta cheese
- 1 16 oz small curd cottage cheese
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese divided
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp Italian parsley
- 1 ½ lb jar marinara sauce
- Cook pasta according to pkg directions and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, cottage cheese, 1 1/2 cups of the mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, pepper, eggs, and Italian parsley. Mix until well combined.
- Pour half the marinara sauce in the bottom of a glass 9x13 dish, spread it around to evenly coat the pan.
- Stuff shells one by one, using around 1 heaping tablespoon of filling per shell.
- Place shells carefully in the prepared dish in a line, until all the shells have been filled.
- Pour sauce in a line over the shells. Sprinkle with then remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes, or until sauce is bubbly & the filling is hot. Serves 10.
Recipe adapted from Baking with Blondie.