Recently, we had a lunch at my work. Each of us brought something to share. One of my co-workers brought a fresh broccoli salad and reminded me about how much I love it. I also realized I have never shared my easy broccoli salad recipe with all of you before now.
Usually, I always prefer to cook my broccoli. However, this fresh salad is the exception. Bite sized fresh florets of broccoli are tossed in a simple dressing. It is made of just 3 ingredients – mayo, sugar, and red wine vinegar.
In addition to broccoli, there is some diced red onion, cooked and crumbled bacon, craisins, and shelled sunflower seeds. The combo is fantastic! You get the savory from the bacon, salty from the sunflower seeds, and sweet from the craisins. I am seriously in love with this salad. I can eat it as my meal and be happy. However, it’s a perfect side dish. It’s perfect as part of a summer bbq.
- FRESH BROCCOLI FLORETS
- RED ONION
- RED WINE VINEGAR
- SALT AND FRESHLY GROUND BLACK PEPPER
- SHELLED SUNFLOWER SEEDS
Easy Broccoli Salad
Real Mom Kitchen
- 8 cups bite sized broccoli florets
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- 16 oz cooked and crumbled bacon
- ½ cup craisins
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup shelled sunflower seeds
- In a large bowl, add the broccoli, red onion, bacon crumbles, and craisins.
- In another bowl, whisk the mayo, vinegar, sugar, and salt and pepper together. Pour over the broccoli mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate salad for at least one hour before serving. Toss with sunflower seeds just before serving. Makes 12 servings.
Recipe adapted from Delicious Meet Healthy.