With summer, I have more time on my hands. I have been going through SD cards of my recipe photos and have found some older recipes that I made, but never posted them. This easy BLT pasta salad is one of those recipes I located in my photos.
This salad makes a terrific summer meal. Since it includes both lettuce and pasta it is substantial enough to eat for a meal. The fact that it has bacon in it makes it more of a meal too for my husband. Bacon is a great addition to his salad in his book.
The base of the salad is chopping up some romaine lettuce and cooking some bow tie pasta. Then you also have cooked bacon crumbled along with diced cherry or grape tomatoes mixed in there too. You make the dressing for this salad by mixing in a little barbecue sauce with ranch dressing. Last is a little black pepper added in. It’s a delicious variation on your classic blt sandwich.
- BOW TIE PASTA
- ROMAINE LETTUCE
- CHERRY OR GRAPE TOMATOES
- RANCH DRESSING
- BARBECUE SAUCE
- 2 ½ cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 3/4 cup quartered Cherry or grape tomatoes
- 4 bacon strips cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1 Tbsp barbecue sauce
- pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Then rinse pasta under cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine lettuce, tomato, bacon and pasta.
- In a bowl, combine the ranch dressing with the barbecue sauce. Drizzle dressing over salad and gently toss to coat evenly. Season with pepper. Serves 6.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
This recipe is adapted from Life in a Lofthouse.