Berries and cream is a classic dessert. This easy almond cream with berries is perfect to serve at summertime. It’s nice and light. Plus, those fresh berries are just amazing!
This is great topped with any fruit but I made it look patriotic by using raspberries, strawberries, and blackberries. You could also use blueberries instead of blackberries to get a more true blue color.
It’s easy to make to because it all begins with a box of vanilla pudding mix. Serve it in clear dishes like I did or use small clear plastic cups for easy clean up!
- 1 (3.4 oz) pkg French vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 3 cups of fresh fruit (I used sliced strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries)
- 1/4 cup slice almonds
- Whisk pudding mix and milk together in a bowl and set aside.
- Whip whipping cream with almond extract together in another bowl to stiff peaks.
- Whisk the pudding again to make smooth and then fold in the whipped cream.
- Place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Pipe mixture into dessert dishes or clear plastic cups and refrigerate until serving. I reserved just a little to place a spoonful on top of each dish after the fruit is placed on top and then topped with sliced almonds.
- To serve, top with fruit and almonds. Makes 6-8 depending on the size of the dishes.
Recipe adapted from Butter with a Slice of Bread.