Tacos are an absolute staple meal at our house. We have them often, maybe even weekly. Since we have them so often, I am always looking for a way to change them up just like these crock pot chicken tacos.
I also love making meat for Mexican dishes in my slow cooker. It just makes my life easier and the meat is always nice and tender. Today, I have another yummy way to make meat for chicken tacos.
Actually, you could use meat for just about any other Mexican dish – salad, burritos, tostadas, quesadillas, etc. It’s a keeper and made with only 4 ingredients.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning
- 1 (10 oz) can of diced tomatoes with green chilies (like Ro*tel)
- 1/2 cup of salsa
- Place chicken in the slow cooker and sprinkle with taco seasoning.
- Pour canned tomatoes and salsa over chicken. You want it to cover the chicken.
- Cook on low for 5 hours. Shred meat and drain of excess liquid. Serve in tacos.
Recipe adapted from a friend.