Today’s recipe for Crock Pot Chicken and Taters is similar to the loaded chicken and potato dish I have shared with you before. However, this one is made in the crock pot and simplified by using tater tots.
You only need 5 ingredients to make this easy dish. It’s another great comfort dish to add to your crock pot collection. It is a great dish to make during the busy holiday season.
- 1 (32 oz) bag of frozen tater tots
- 1 (3 oz) pkg real bacon pieces
- 1 lb. chicken breasts diced into cubes
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- diced green onion, optional as garnish
- Spray your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Layer half of the tater tots in the bottom of the slow cooker followed by 1/3 of the pkg of bacon pieces and 1/3 of the shredded cheese.
- Then layer the chicken next. Follow with another 1/3 of the bacon and 1/3 of the cheese.
- Then top with a layer of the remaining tater tots followed by the remaining bacon and shredded cheese. Pour the milk all over the layers.
- Cover and cook on low for about 4 hours until chicken is cooked. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from The Country Cook.