Today’s cookie recipe for Cranberry Cream Cheese Snickerdoodles all begins with a mix. You know we all have those times during the Christmas season where you need to bring some cookies to some Christmas gathering and you just don’t have the time to make them. Instead of running to the local bakery and snagging a box of cookies, make these.
They all begin with a package of Betty Crocker’s Snickerdoodle cookie mix. So grab one the next time you hit the store to keep on hand to make these yummy cookies. I adapted the recipe from one off the back of a package of cookie mix.
All you basically do is substitute half of the butter with 4 oz of cream cheese and mix 1 cup of dried cranberries into the dough, so simple. The cream cheese really helps make this cookie yummy. It is soft and creamy in texture and flavor. The dried cranberries add a festive touch along with some chewiness to the cookie.
- 1 (17.9 oz) pkg Betty Crocker Snickerdoodle cookie mix
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 oz light cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 egg
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, pour in cookie mix. Remove packet of cinnamon/sugar mixture and set aside.
- Add butter, cream cheese, water, and egg to cookie mix and blend until smooth.
- Fold cranberries into the dough and chill dough in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Place cinnamon/sugar mixture in a bowl. Scoop spoonfuls of dough into cinnamon/sugar mixture and coat with mixture.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 9 minutes. These cookies will not go brown. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute.
- Place cookies on cooling rack and cool completely. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.