July may be National Ice Cream month, but today is the actual National Ice Cream DAY! So of course, I have a new tasty coconut almond ice cream squares recipe to celebrate with.
This recipe uses store bought ice cream, but turns it into these amazing squares that give the ice cream a crunchy base that includes almonds, coconut, sugar, and Rice Krispies cereal.
I also teamed up with some other Utah bloggers to #celebratingfood2015 with some other cool ice cream treats and also compiled recipes from my archives to give you a total of 27 recipes. Yep, it’s pretty much ice cream heaven here today!
Coconut Almond Ice Cream Squares
Real Mom Kitchen
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup Rice Krispies cereal
- ½ cup flaked coconut
- ½ cup brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 1 3/4 qt carton vanilla bean ice cream, softened when needed
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large skillet melt butter and mix in almonds. Cook almonds while stirring until toasted. They will get golden brown. This should just take a couple of minutes.
- Then stir in the Rice Krispies, coconut, brown sugar, and salt. Stir until well combined.
- Press mixture into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Bake at 375 for 5-6 minutes until edges are golden.
- Cool crust completely.
- Spread softened ice cream over cooled crust. Cover and place in the freezer overnight. Cut into bars to serve. Serves 12-15.
Recipe adapted from Simple and Delicious magazine.
Celebrating Food Bloggers Recipes (all pictured above)
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream from Jamie Cooks It Up!
- No Churn Neapolitan Ice Cream from Tried and Tasty
- Rhubarb Anise Dairy-Free Ice Cream from Happy Food Healthy Life
- Cheesecake Ice Cream from Ashlee Marie
- No Churn Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream from Like Mother, Like Daughter
- Easy Oreo Ice Cream Cake from Butter With A Side of Bread
- White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Ice Cream from Creations by Kara
- No Churn Turtle Ice Cream from Summer Scraps
- No Churn Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream from Cupcake Diaries
More Ice Cream Recipes from Real Mom Kitchen
- Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Mini Ice Cream Cookie Cups
- Another Homemade Ice Cream Sandwich
- Strawberry Sour Cream Ice Cream
- Milky Way Ice Cream
- Basic Homemade Ice Cream (no ice cream maker needed)
- Smore’s Ice Cream
- Magic Chocolate Ice Cream
- Crazy Chunky Monkey Ice Cream
- Lemon Curd Ice Cream
- Key Lime Pie Ice Cream
- Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert
- Double Chocolate Crunch Homemade Ice Cream
- Make You Cry Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Pie
- Cream Cheese Ice Cream
- Orange Pineapple Old-Fashioned Freezer Ice Cream
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream