This post may contain affiliate links.
July may be National Ice Cream month, but today is the actual National Ice Cream DAY! So of course, I have a new tasty coconut almond ice cream squares recipe to celebrate with.
This recipe uses store bought ice cream, but turns it into these amazing squares that give the ice cream a crunchy base that includes almonds, coconut, sugar, and Rice Krispies cereal.
I also teamed up with some other Utah bloggers to #celebratingfood2015 with some other cool ice cream treats and also compiled recipes from my archives to give you a total of 27 recipes. Yep, it’s pretty much ice cream heaven here today!
Coconut Almond Ice Cream Squares
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup Rice Krispies cereal
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 (1 3/4 qt) carton vanilla bean ice cream, softened when needed
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large skillet melt butter and mix in almonds. Cook almonds while stirring until toasted. They will get golden brown. This should just take a couple of minutes.
- Then stir in the Rice Krispies, coconut, brown sugar, and salt. Stir until well combined.
- Press mixture into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Bake at 375 for 5-6 minutes until edges are golden.
- Cool crust completely.
- Spread softened ice cream over cooled crust. Cover and place in the freezer overnight. Cut into bars to serve. Serves 12-15.
Recipe adapted from Simple and Delicious magazine.
Celebrating Food Bloggers Recipes (all pictured above)
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream from Jamie Cooks It Up!
- No Churn Neapolitan Ice Cream from Tried and Tasty
- Rhubarb Anise Dairy-Free Ice Cream from Happy Food Healthy Life
- Cheesecake Ice Cream from Ashlee Marie
- No Churn Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream from Like Mother, Like Daughter
- Easy Oreo Ice Cream Cake from Butter With A Side of Bread
- White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Ice Cream from Creations by Kara
- No Churn Turtle Ice Cream from Summer Scraps
- No Churn Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream from Cupcake Diaries
More Ice Cream Recipes from Real Mom Kitchen
- Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Mini Ice Cream Cookie Cups
- Another Homemade Ice Cream Sandwich
- Strawberry Sour Cream Ice Cream
- Milky Way Ice Cream
- Basic Homemade Ice Cream (no ice cream maker needed)
- Smore’s Ice Cream
- Magic Chocolate Ice Cream
- Crazy Chunky Monkey Ice Cream
- Lemon Curd Ice Cream
- Key Lime Pie Ice Cream
- Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert
- Double Chocolate Crunch Homemade Ice Cream
- Make You Cry Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Pie
- Cream Cheese Ice Cream
- Orange Pineapple Old-Fashioned Freezer Ice Cream
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
[…] Coconut Almond Ice Cream Squares […]
[…] Coconut Almond Ice Cream Squares on Real Mom Kitchen […]
[…] Ice Cream from Tried and Tasty No Churn Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream from Cupcake Diaries Coconut Almond Ice Cream Squares from Real Mom Kitchen Rhubarb Anise Dairy Free Ice Cream from Healthy Food Happy Life White […]
[…] and Tasty No Churn Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream – Cupcake Diaries Coconut Almond Ice Cream Squares – Real Mom Kitchen Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream – Jamie Cooks It Up! Rhubarb Anise […]
[…] Neapolitan Ice Cream from Tried and Tasty Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream from Jamie Cooks It Up Coconut Almond Ice Cream Squares from Real Mom […]
So glad you got your site up and running again! This looks amazing! I’ve never heard of a crust like this, but I have to give it a try!