Do you love churros? I don’t know if there is anyone out there that doesn’t! And churros with chocolate dipping sauce is even better.
You gotta love that sugary cinnamon coated crunch on the outside with that soft and chewy sweet inside. They are heavenly and even better when you make them yourselves. Similarly, they really are quite simple to make. The big trick is to make sure your oil is at the right temperature. This ensures that right golden brown color on the outside with a fully cooked inside!
In addition, to make them even better, I paired them with a chocolate dipping sauce. Sure you could go without it if you really wanted to, However, it just takes the churro to another level!
Churros with Chocolate Dipping Sauce
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 cup water
- 5 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- oil for frying I use canola
For cinnamon sugar coating:
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
For the dipping sauce:
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- In a large sauce pan, add water, butter, sugar and salt. Cook until butter melts and water comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat and mix in flour until it forms into a ball of dough. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add in vanilla and one egg and stir until combined. beat eggs with vanilla extract. Then add in the remaining egg until combined and smooth.
- Heat your frying oil to 350 degrees.
- While heating, combine the cinnamon sugar coating in a shallow dish and prepare the dipping sauce.
- Add the ingredients for the dipping sauce in a microwave safe bowl. Cook in the microwave on high for 30 seconds and give it a stir. Then heat again for 30 seconds and stir until chocolate is all melted and smooth.
- Place Dough in a pastry bag or gallon sized ziploc bag to pipe into the oil. If you have an open star tip, that gives you the look of the churros in the picture. If you don't have a tip, it's still ok and will work just fine. If using a ziploc bag just snip a corner off with scissors to pipe.
- When oil is heated, pipe strips of dough in the oil and fry them for 3-4 minutes. Remove from oil and place on top of paper towels to drain oil.
- Then coat each churro with sugar and cinnamon before serving. Serve with the chocolate dipping sauce.
Recipe adapted from Dessert Inspired.