I recently decided to convert a chicken salad wraps recipe that I love into more of an appetizer. I made this Chicken Salad Crostini with Strawberries. As summer winds down, this dish is perfect to serve at a pool party or other summer gathering. It looks great and is easy to grab a bite while you have other activities going on. It also comes together really quickly thanks to Swanson’s canned chicken.
With my other recipe, I had to place the chicken in the food processor but this step it isn’t necessary with using the canned chicken. It helps this to come together quicker. Plus, there are less dishes to wash. I was also able to get my baguette already sliced up from my grocery store for the same price. This was something that saved me even more time with this Chicken Salad Crostini with Strawberries.
The fun thing about his chicken salad is it incorporates strawberries. The strawberries work so well in this. I just placed a slice on top of each crostini, but you could always dice up the strawberries if you prefer.Print
- 1 baguette, sliced
- 1/2 of an 8 oz. container soft light cream cheese
- 6 Tbsp. poppy seed dressing
- 1 (12.5 oz) can Swanson Premium Chunk Chicken, drained
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnut pieces (optional)
- strawberry slices
- about 1 tsp poppyseeds for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place baguette slices on a baking sheet. Bake at 400 for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese and poppy seed dressing until well combined.
- Add the chicken, green onion, and walnut pieces (if desired) to the cream cheese mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Spread a spoonful of the chicken mixture on top of each baguette slice followed by a strawberry slice or two and a sprinkle of poppy seeds for garnish.
Disclosure: I was provided product and compensation for my creation of this recipe and post.